19 January, 2014

Another Week Ahead

I'm getting a tad bit cranky with winter, and we still have a ways to go. I'm sick of tights and boots, chapped skin, and being essentially bitch-slapped by mother nature every time I go outside.

Coupled with being in the throws of busy season at work, a girl could go crazy.

I've been trying to counter my frustrations with squeezing in workouts to relieve stress and treating myself to manicures as a reward for getting to the end of each rough week. But sometimes I just have to throw up my hands and remember this little zen antidote:

"Bad things happen to prevent worse things from happening."

And might I add, sometimes seemingly bad things happen to then reward us with good things.

Yesterday I went into the office to work and understandably was very eager to get home when I left. I was aggravated that I had to wait 8 minutes for the el (when you commute in rush hour and trains come every 3 minutes, 8 minutes is a long time) and another 20 for the bus. However when I boarded not only was there one seat open for me to take, but it was right across from someone with a pug puppy in their lap. My anger immediately dissapated (I'm a sucker for dogs) and I had a smile on my face when I got home.

With that, not to get all philosophical but there are so many things that are out of our control. Instead of letting them break us let's try to put things in perspective and find something to channel happy energy. I can guarantee if you try to take on a more positive mental attitude you will find yourself feeling lighter and smiling more. And hopefully your positivity will rub off on those around you!

Let's rock this week, shall we?


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god a pug puppy. that mental image is making me smile like an idiot.

    i'll send you pictures of the puppy i spent the weekend with!

    apartment pants

    ReplyDelete